Front Desk Attendant
Fox Point Branch
Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday, 3:00 to 6:00 PM
Additional hours may be available for summer.
Looking for a customer-service-oriented multi-tasker for a busy youth organization. Run front desk check-in and sign-out point for children, teens, parents/guardians and visitors, following organization’s policies and procedures (including BGCP COVID-related policies and procedures). Monitor security for front door entrance (operate buzzer access system). Perform daily data entry for programs and new enrollments. Answer phone; answer or direct inquiries. Provide program information to children, teens and their family adults. Assist with billing for childcare services and other programs. Distribute bills; receive and process payments.
- High school diploma
- Minimum of one year of related work experience
- Customer service skills
- Good verbal and written skills
- Ability to maintain calm and positive demeanor while multitasking
- Ability to successfully resolve conflicts
- Team Player
- Ability to speak and understand Spanish
- Prior work experience in a youth organization
Paid time off as per legal requirements (RI “Sick & Safe Leave” law).
Must be able to be cleared for employment per organizational policies through national, State and local criminal records history, child abuse and sex offender registry checks, as well as fingerprinting and drug screen (including marijuana).
Job Type: Part-time
Starting Pay Range: $11.50 – $13.50 per hour
As a licensed childcare program, we follow requirements and guidelines of the RI Department of Health and Department of Human Services.
After school child care program- multiple sites
The Boys & Girls Clubs of Providence is recruiting positive role models (age 18 and up) to be Activity Leaders in our school-age childcare program for children in Grades K-6th. Hours for the rest of the school year are Monday through Friday 2:00 PM to 6:00 PM, with summer hours to be determined. Responsibilities include supervision of youth participants and leading daily activities, such as homework help, sports and games, arts, educational activities, community service projects and more. Use your creativity and initiative to create a positive and fun experience, and be part of a great team that makes a difference for kids everyday! Additional pay increase if the candidate chosen has or obtains a RI Chauffeur’s License (age 21 or older).
- Must be age 18 or older
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Must have at least 12 college credits
- Must have at least one year of experience working with school-age children in a group setting.
- Skills in planning and leading activities, communicating with children, managing behavior, providing support for children’s education, resolving conflicts responsibly, and creating positive environments where kids have fun.
- Personal characteristics: patience, enthusiasm, friendliness, sense of fun, awareness of appropriate boundaries, positive role-modeling.
- Ability to follow required health and safety procedures and policies, especially as related to the coronavirus (we’ll teach you what you need to know).
- Must be able to pass all required background checks (national, state and local), as well as fingerprinting and drug screening (includes marijuana).
- College degree (Associate’s or Bachelor’s) or other relevant advanced certifications and training
- Bilingual skills in reading, writing and speaking (especially Spanish)
Benefits Include: paid time off as required by the RI “Sick and Safe Leave” law. This time accrues at 1 hour earned for every 35 hours worked.
Starting Rate of Pay: $12.50 to $13.50/hour. Additional pay increase if a successful applicant chosen has or obtains a RI Chauffeur’s License.
As a licensed childcare provider, we follow RI DHS-mandated health and safety protocols and procedures regarding COVID-19.