School-age Childcare Director, South Side Clubhouse
Location: 1 Louisa Street, Providence, RI
Starting salary range: $40,000 – $43,000 annually, depending on experience and qualifications
Position Classification: Exempt (full-time, salaried position)
To apply: e-mail resume (cover letter optional) to firstname.lastname@example.org, including “South Side Childcare Director” in the subject line, OR apply on Indeed.
Questions?: e-mail Mary Morgan, Chief Human Resources Officer, at email@example.com.
General functional areas of responsibility: recruitment, enrollment, safety and security, curriculum development, program implementation, staff training and development, staff management (participate in hiring process, orient new staff members, supervise staff, conduct performance reviews, resolve conflicts, monitor status of employee work goals, terminate, etc.), financial management, budget development and monitoring, communication with parents/family adults, monitor compliance with State-required regulations, record-keeping, data management, school and community relations, monitor adherence to BGCP policies and procedures.
- An Associate’s degree (Bachelor’s Degree preferred) in the field of (or related to) Education, Child Development, Human Services, Youth Development, or Recreation from an accredited or approved institution of higher learning
- Minimum of two years of experience working in a licensed/approved childcare program;
- Minimum of one year of staff supervision experience in a youth work setting
- Strong oral and written communication skills (bilingual English/Spanish skills preferred)
- Group leadership skills, including understanding of group dynamics
- Demonstrated experience in staff management, program management, and project management
- Current CPR and First Aid Certifications
- Current RI Chauffeur’s License, or ability to obtain RI Chauffer’s License within the first 30 days of employment (to assist as needed with driving for Childcare program)
- Successful clearances through BGCP background check requirements, including (but not limited to): local, state, and national background checks, RI DCYF C.A.N.T.S., continuous criminal records monitoring during employment, drug test (including for marijuana), reference checks, verification of education and employment history, and internet/social media searches as allowed by law.
Employee Benefits (full-time salaried employees):
- Medical, dental and vision insurance available (BGCP pays 75% of monthly premiums for individual or family coverage).
- 30 days of paid time off (calendar year): combination of paid holidays, mandatory PTO, and approved discretionary paid time off.
- Life insurance (employer pays 100% of individual employee’s premium).
- Employer-sponsored 401k retirement plan eligibility after one year of full-time service. Employer contributes 5% of your annual salary to your 401k once you become eligible, and you have the opportunity to also contribute to your retirement plan through payroll deduction. Employer matches up to an additional 3% of employee’s contribution.
About the South Side Branch:
Our South Side clubhouse is a 40,000+ square-foot facility built in the mid-1950’s, featuring a gym, pool, gamesrooms, classrooms, general activity rooms, computer room, food service area, outdoor playground and more. The club has a proud history of being deeply embedded in the community and providing fun, impactful programs responsive to the needs of families, the South Side community, and the City of Providence.
About the Boys & Girls Clubs of Providence:
The Boys & Girls Clubs of Providence, founded in 1868, is the oldest continuously-operating Boys & Girls Club organization in the country. Our mission is “to inspire children and youth, especially those from diverse or difficult circumstances, to become responsible, productive and healthy members of their community, the State of Rhode Island, and the nation.” As a member of Boys & Girls Clubs of America, we provide programs in five core areas: Education and Career Development; The Arts; Health & Lifeskills; Character & Leadership Development; and Sports, Fitness & Recreation. Programs are designed to help young people achieve three priority outcomes: academic and career success, good character and positive citizenship, and healthy lifestyles. The Boys & Girls Clubs of Providence serves more than 4,000 young people of ages 5-18 each year. Club service site locations in Providence are:
- South Side Branch
- Fox Point Branch
- Wanskuck Branch
- Hartford Park Branch
- Chad Brown clubhouse
- Manton Heights clubhouse
- 21st -Century Community Learning Centers at:
- Roger Williams Middle School
- Jorge Alvarez High School
- The Business & Development Center (main office) is located at 550 Wickenden Street in Providence.
Visit us on the web at www.bgcprov.org, and on Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn.
To apply, e-mail resume (cover letter optional) to Mary Morgan, Chief Human Resources Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions? E-mail Mary Morgan at email@example.com.